Campus Celebrity: John Butler

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mars Hill chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity hails from the state of peaches, college football and one of the largest annual professional cycling races. John Butler may be a freshman, but he’s already made himself known on campus. Read below to find out why we love him, and why you should to.

John Butler

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Athens, GA

Major: Business Administration

Why did you choose MHU:  For the size and how personable the people are. “The professor relationship makes it so you’re not just a number. And I am a cyclist, so being offered a spot on the team, definitely played a huge role into my decision.”

What’s your favorite thing about MHU: The sunsets

What are you career aspirations: “I’ll go with my Plan B so I sound more legit…grad school. But I would love to purse a career in professional cycling, however, being a brand representative for a cycling brand or head of a marketing committee for a brand, would be great too.”

Biggest Pet Peeve: People who snore. “That’s a big turnoff, if she snores worse than my dad, I’m never doing that again.”

Best advice you’ve ever received: “Practice in silence and let your results speak for itself.”

Favorite caf food: Fresh pineapple

Celebrity Crush: Anna Kendrick

Mars Hill Crush: Beth Cessna aka “The Silver Fox”

Describe yourself in under five words: “I am surprisingly intelligent.”

Biggest fear: Failure

Lauryn is a 2014 graduate of Mars Hill University where she majored in Business with a concentration in marketing and finance. While in college Lauryn was the Founder and Editor of Her Campus Mars Hill. She is currently a candidate for her Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. She lives for a good plot twist, a great cup of coffee and new running shoes.