Weekend Warrior: Unusual Valentine’s Ideas!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Yes, it’s everyone’s favorite (or least favorite) day of the year this week—Valentine’s Day (or as others call it, Single Awareness Day!) But whether you have a boo to spend it with or prefer to have your besties be your Valentine, here are some ideas to rock this Thursday (or this weekend!)

Order a singing telegram!

Forget the box of chocolates. Your Valentine needs a major-league show of affection. And there is no better way to do it than order a women’s quartet to sing your love! This quartet may be a bit pricey (starts at $40), but it will be a Valentine’s Day to remember!

To order: Call Bekah at 262-366-0272 or email williamherbst@wi.rr.com

Attend a Chocolate Party!

There are two chocolate parties that Marquette students can attend this week.

The Astor Hotel is hosting The Chocolate Party on February 16 at 7pm. This party is very upscale, so get fancy with your date! General Admission tickets are $20 at the door, and more details can be found at: http://events.jsonline.com/milwaukee_wi/events/show/297985847-the-chocolate-party

MUSG is also hosting their annual Night of Chocolate, and this year has a Carnival theme!  It begins at 8:30pm on February 14. More details are available at http://latenight.marquette.edu/.

Visit AnimeMilwaukee!

For the Anime lovers out there, or just those who want to attend an interesting convention, AnimeMilwaukee returns this weekend at the Hyatt Regency Delta Center. Cosplayers and observers are welcome, and for many, this can be an unusual experience that is a lot of fun. Recommended for a memorable Valentine’s Day weekend! More details found at animemilwaukee.com.

Stay in!

Sometimes, the most romantic gesture can simply be to sit on your couch with a homemade meal and watch a romantic movie. There is definitely no shame in this, especially since the weather in Milwaukee has been extremely bizarre lately. This costs little to no money, and you can do this with your girls or your guy, because you all deserve a little R&R every now and then anyways.

Among these are obvious options, such as a romantic dinner in the Third Ward or a cute walk downtown, but these are just some alternatives to having a great V-Day!

Jenna Fanduzzi is a junior at Marquette University, where she studies psychology and advertising. Jenna hopes to gain more experience in these fields after college, and that they will lead her to interesting places and situations. Aside from school, Jenna is a social media addict and spends time reading, blogging, and dancing to Lady Gaga.