Weekend Warrior: Study Spots, Milwaukee Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Raynor is always packed this time of year. What’s worse, the dilligent students cant find tables on the bridge or study rooms because the kids who haven’t been in Raynor all year cannot learn without packing a picnic or blasting T Swift songs in the background. A good study environment is crucial for productivity, so HCMU would like to suggest five new places to study at the end of this semester. 

1. Altera Coffee Shops

This Milwaukee staple is a great way to get off campus and study. Altera Coffee Shops  are often crowded, so if noise distracts you, this may not be the best option. However, they have great food and all sorts of coffee to keep you focused and energized. Altera offers free wi-fi at all their locations except the lakefront store, where you can purchased a daily pass to get online.

2. The Water Street Deli

A personal favorite, this great location is practically hidden in a historic building on Water Street. They have a huge and phenomenally delicious traditional deli menu and all the caffeine product you could want. Since they’re usually not crowded, this is a good place to study. The deli has two floors, so don’t worry about taking up an entire table for you and your books. They also have wi-fi, just ask for the code.

3. The Milwaukee Public Library

If you need a quite place to study off campus, here’s the spot for you. The Milwaukee Public library is always silent, clean, and has plenty of room.There are several floors in the library, so you can find a spot that best suits you. The library has free wi-fi, and there’s a cafe attached if you need a caffeine boost. The atmosphere here is always studious, so give it a try. Not to mention, the building itself is beautiful and currently decorated for Christmas. What more could you want? 

4. Panera 

Although it may not feel particularly adventurous, studying at Panera is a great idea. It’s just far enough off campus that you won’t run into any distracting friends, but close enough that you can go back for a book you forgot via quick bus ride. Panera’s comfort food is just what you need to relax and focus on studying. 

5. The Milwaukee Public Market 

We’ve mentioned the public market time and again, but that’s only because it’s such a great location. This is another noisy option, but they have a huge seating area and all sorts of food and drink choices to meet your finals week needs. For instance, the Green Kitchen has all organic drinks to help boost anything from memory to moral. If that’s not what you need, treat yourself to something yummy at Kehr’s Candy counter after a day of hard work. The market offer two hours of free wi-fi and day passes are available if needed. 

Good luck Collegiettes! You can do it! 

Hannah McCarthy is a junior studying Broadcasting and Electronic Communication at Marquette University. She is currently the News Director at Marquette Radio. Hannah calls Cincinnati, OH home. In her free time, Hannah obsesses over Public Radio and hopes to be a news reporter after she graduates.