ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Underrated Events in Milwaukee During Summer 2018 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

With all the excitement of Spring break still in the air, it’s impossible to not think about what you’ll be doing during Summer 2018. Of course Summerfest is a must for everyone, so here are some lesser known events that are happening in/near Milwaukee: 

1) Jazz in the Park: If you’re into listening to live music, this event is perfect for you. Every Thursday from 5-9 pm during the summer (May 31-August 30) you are able to go to Cathedral Park and listen to live jazz music. 

2) Ethnic Festivals: There are a ton of ethnic festivals during summer. Scottish Fest is June 2 in Wauwatosa, Polish Fest is June 15-17 in Henry W. Maier Festival Park, Bastille Days (French) is July 12-15 in Cathedral Square Park, Festa Italiana is July 20-22 in Henry W. Maier Festival Park, German Fest is July 27-29 in Henry W. Maier Festival Park, Irish Fest is August 16-19 in Henry W. Maier Festival Park, Mexican Fiesta is August 24-26 in Henry W. Maier Festival Park, and India Fest is typically mid-August. I would highly recommend any of these festivals. It’s a great and fun way to experience different cultures. 

3) Strawberry Festival: Strawberry Festival is June 23-24 in Cedarburg. There is live music, games, craft vendors, and of course… strawberries! 

4) Dragon Boat Festival: The Dragon Boat Festival is on August 11 at the Lakeshore State Park. This event is a great way to experience Chinese culture in a more unique way.

Aisling Hegarty

Marquette '18

Don't waste a minute not being happy