Top Trends for Spring 2018 You NEED To Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Ready to up your style game? Here are the top trends of early 2018 guaranteed to make you look ready for the Spring season.

1. Florals

Although it seems as though florals gain popularity every Spring, this year they are completely taking over the fashion scene. From dresses, to tops, to shoes, and beyond, floral patterns are everywhere in early 2018. The floral craze will most likely go strong throughout Spring and Summer and start dying down a bit toward the Fall and Winter months.

2. Bohemian Vibes

From soft and flowy fabrics, to billowy bell sleeves, the relaxed bohemian look is going to be a dominant trend this Spring.

1. Sheer Fabrics

Although not as popular as some of the other trends on this list, sheer fabrics will still be a fun trend in Spring 2018. The trend will include sheer panels in clothing, but also completely sheer pieces as well.

2. Ruffles

Ruffles have made a HUGE comeback this Spring, as you will probably see them in every store adorning dresses and tops. This style is similar to the bohemian vibes, as a lot of the clothes with ruffles are really girly, flowy, and relaxed.

3. Lavender

Out with millennial pink and in with hues of soft lavender! This color is definitely going to be one of the more popular options this Spring 2018.

4. High Waisted

High waisted everything has been a top trend for several years now, and I am so glad that it is here to stay. Pants, jeans, skirts, shorts, swimwear… the high waist will continue to thrive.

5. Denim- Specifically distressed

Ripped/Distressed denim is such a big trend for Spring 2018, and most likely for the whole year. The trend includes not only jeans, but denim skirts and jackets as well. It is absolutely one of my favorite trends of the bunch.

8. Inspiration From the 80s/90sTrends tend to recirculate over time, and for the past few years it has been all about the 90s. Scrunchies, chokers, and windbreakers are only a few of the 90s trends still popular in 2018, but now we are also seeing a couple of trends from the 80s, such as high legged swimwear.

9. Wrap Style

The wrap style is another massive trend in Spring 2018. It is unarguably the most popular style dress at the moment, and it also is a popular trend in tops. 

Lexi Poidomani

Marquette '21

Hey, I'm Lexi Poidomani and I am one of Her Campus MU's Campus Correspondents! I am currently a junior at Marquette majoring in Journalism. I am passionate about all things fashion, beauty, and lifestyle!
Aisling Hegarty

Marquette '18

Don't waste a minute not being happy