Sticking to the Goals You Set

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Sticking to the Goals You Set 

Maybe one day you wake up and decide you want to conquer the world, which is a completely valid goal to set. Most people might say it’s impossible, unachievable, and even a little ridiculous, but I guess that just depends on the company you keep. But if you are willing to prove everyone wrong and show them that backing out is not an option, then you are well on your way to making the goals you set a reality. 

Goals are like dreams, they may be way out there and not make much sense to other people, but that is the beauty about accomplishing something that no one ever dreams of doing. When no one expects you to stick to the goals you set, you are setting the foundation for someone else to be able to say, “Because she did it, I can do it too.” You can be the one that not only conquers the world, but changes it, making it a better place for those who will follow in your footsteps. 

All it takes is setting one goal, doing everything in your power to accomplish it, and proving everyone who said you wouldn’t be able to do it wrong so you can “be the difference” on Marquette’s campus and in the world. 

Whether it is conquering the world, a test, a marathon, or simply deciding to get out of bed in the morning, sticking to the goals you set will shape you into a stronger person who is, one step at a time, inspiring others to take that leap of faith to make their dreams a reality.

Aisling Hegarty

Marquette '18

Don't waste a minute not being happy