Profile: Ashley Buss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Name: Ashley Buss

Year: Sophomore

Major: Public Relations & Marketing

Hometown: New Berlin, WI

What made you want to come to Marquette?

I have attended private schools my entire life, so Marquette’s strong emphasis on their mission and perfect size of ~12,000 made it easy to adjust and feel like home.

What are you involved in on campus?

I am on the Marquette Dance Team and I am in Alpha Phi.

What is your favorite spot downtown?

The Kilbourn Reservoir Park. The park is on a hill and when you get to the top there is an incredible view of Milwaukee.

What is your favorite spot on campus?

The 4th floor of the law building. There is a hallway in the back with high tables and the back wall is entirely made of glass windows and overlooks the interchange.

What’s been your favorite memory so far at Marquette?

This is almost impossible to answer, but I loved the excitement seeing everyone again during the first week back and tackling my closest friends that I hadn’t seen in 3 months.

Who or what inspires you?

Just aesthetic art and photography in general always inspires me to work harder each day so that I can travel and invest more time in those passions.

What is the best advice you have ever received?

My senior year English professor told me to think of yourself in the future and decide what you want to be doing, what kind of person you want to be, and what kind of people you want in your life. Make every decision each day in pursuit of your ideal life, starting now.

What’s your dream job?

A traveling photographer.

If you could eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?

Just watermelon.

What is a fun fact about you?

I am always trying to teach myself something new, so right now I am trying to learn to play guitar.

What kinds of things do you enjoy doing outside of Marquette?

Drawing/Painting, Photography, Writing, Yoga, pretty much any outdoor activity.

If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go and why?

I want to see so many places, but I am hoping that my next trip will be to Costa Rica. My goal is to do a mission trip to work with sea turtles and of course just to see the beautiful scenery.

Favorite Netflix Series?

How I Met Your Mother

What is your biggest pet peeve?

When people walk slow. I have long legs.

Favorite song right now?

Island in the Sun by Weezer has always been one of my favorites.

Emma McDevitt

Marquette '20

Hello, I am Emma McDevitt! I am a Junior at Marquette University and studying Marketing & Advertising. 
Aisling Hegarty

Marquette '18

Don't waste a minute not being happy