Miley Cyrus’ Instagram Posts Still Deleted??

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Since mid-summer, Miley Cyrus’s Instagram posts have been deleted and her website has been down.  Her profile pictures on both Instagram and Twitter have been blacked out.  Despite her tweets still being intact, Miley has not posted any life updates and it is driving fans nuts.  So why is Miley so inactive on social media lately?

Miley fans have been speculating that her absence could be due to a possible wedding with long-time boyfriend Liam Hemsworth.  Is Miley Cyrus now Mrs. Hemsworth?

Other artists, Taylor Swift, for example, have also blacked out their social media for large amounts of time and eventually dropped new songs and albums which allowed them to not only reinvent their social media image but allow them to gain publicity.  Could Miley be releasing a new track?

Also, Miley is the founder of Happy Hippie Foundation which focuses on the LGBTQ+ community and youth homelessness and she also partners with Converse to sponsor new shoes and styles.  Could she possibly be waiting for the right moment to announce a big update for one of these organizations?

Going along with the organizations Miley supports, she’s also very involved in many current issues and her social media silence could be her taking a stance until those issues are resolved.

Or maybe —dare I say— Miley just wants a break from social media.  It’s easy to get caught up in posting on social media and living up to what the media expects, and I’m sure it’s even harder when you’ve been famous for almost your entire life.  Even if Miley’s absence of social media doesn’t have to do with wanted privacy or a mental break, I’m sure she’s enjoying her free time from the cites.

Whatever the reason for her missing posts, true Miley fans will support her and excitedly wait for a new post, a fresh start, or a surprise to come.  Who knows, maybe after all this waiting and anticipation she’ll surprise us and come in like a wreccckkiinnng baaaalll!!!

Haley Fioretti

Marquette '22

Always trying to make people smile(:
Emma McDevitt

Marquette '20

Hello, I am Emma McDevitt! I am a Junior at Marquette University and studying Marketing & Advertising.