Meet Marquette’s New Therapy Dog

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Meet Marquette’s Newest Therapy Dog

Have you ever been disappointed in the amount of dogs that are not around campus? Do you have a dog at home and miss them more than anything? Does your ideal study break involved petting a dog? If you said yes to any or all of these questions, then you are in for a surprise!

There is a new Marquette community member, and he is excited to meet you, and his name is Cú (pronounced like coo). Cú means dog in Gallic (even though it can easily be mistaken as a nickname for Cutie). Cú is a 6-year-old, Great Pyrenees, therapy dog.  He is very friendly and loves to meet people.

Cú is a sweet boy, who loves making friends, and chilling out with them in the counseling center. He is always excited for pats and scratches, even if it doesn’t last very long.  (Honestly, how can someone say no to that face?)

Cú does not have a permanent schedule, since his owner, someone who works in the counseling center, only works part time, and Cú is still getting used to full days. Once Cú has a permanent schedule students should be notified, or the information will be online.  For now, when Cú is at MU, a sign will be outside the counseling center telling students he is here and ready to help you relax.

Follow Cú on Snapchat: cuthetherapydog

Professional nap taker and animal lover. Future goal: pet all of the dogs.
Aisling Hegarty

Marquette '18

Don't waste a minute not being happy