Fun Halloween Activities To Do This Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Fun Halloween Activities To Do This Weekend

On Campus:

Come to Marquette Hall room 100 on Friday, Oct. 27 at 8 p.m. and watch the Fugees do their improv thing. This Studio 013 Refugees October Show is sure to make you cackle!

MUSG is hosting a Graveyard Movie Night at the Annex, Friday Oct. 27 from 9 p.m. to 11:45 p.m. There will be spooky graveyard decorations and the fall classic, “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.” After that, either “Hocus Pocus” or “Beetle Juice” will be shown. Free treats will be served!

A little off campus:

If you’re 21 or older, go to the Ghouls & Spirits Adult Trick-or-Treat Bus Tour of downtown Milwaukee. This event is put on by Milwaukee Food Tours and is going on now until Oct. 28 starting at 7 p.m. daily. Take the four hour tour bus ride through the Third Ward, Walker’s Point, down Wisconsin Avenue in the Concordia neighborhood and past a historic cemetery. There will be stops for pizza, spirits and chocolate. Wear a costume and enter their contest, you may win a prize!

Celebrate Dia de Los Muertos with the array of ofrendas (altars) prepared by local, regional, and international artists at the Latino Arts Gallery! This exhibit runs Oct. 26 through Nov. 17, from 9 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Halloween Hauntings at the Milwaukee Public Museum is a members-only event, but member guests are welcome for $5. Trick-or-treat through museum exhibits (costumes encouraged), encounter creepy, crawly beasts with “the animal dude,” learn about birds of prey from the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center, go on a spine-chilling ghost tour, make a spooky craft and more. This event runs Oct. 27 through Oct. 28.

A ways off campus:

Looking for a classic attraction that will give you a good scare? Visit the Mars Haunted House, located at 734 W. Historic Mitchell St. in Milwaukee. “Some people say they experience a ‘chilling’ sensation when walking through the house,” the website says.

No matter where you go, Milwaukee has a lot of Halloween offerings for you this weekend!

Rachel Kubik

Marquette '19

Journalism and writing-intensive English major from a suburb of Chicago. Avid flute player, artist and Netflix lover.
Aisling Hegarty

Marquette '18

Don't waste a minute not being happy