Campus Cutie – Eric Eichelberger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.
This week’s cutie is the president of Marquette Inter-Fraturnity Counsil and a member of Kappa Sigma. Eric, who goes by Ike, is a junior from Brookfield. Ike is studying Criminology and LA, with minors in Spanish for the Business Professions and Business Administration. Here’s what our cutie has to say about Greek life and his life!

• What does being Greek mean to you? 
    It means joining a brotherhood that you will always be able to rely on throughout life due to your common
    experiences and fellowship.

• What has Greek life taught you about yourself? About leadership? 
    I have learned that I am capable of rallying others around me.  I consider myself a quiet person, but joining
    Kappa Sigma has shown me that I should always speak to my convictions.  If I’m right, I’ll get support.  If I’m
    wrong, people will call me out.  Either way, I can learn and gain new perspective.

Leadership is not always being at the forefront managing everything.  The best leaders are those that lead by a
    positive example that inspires others to match their standard and trusting others with tasks in areas they may
    specialize in.  Whether you’re a president or the bro or sister that will work hard at any and every event, let
    what you do be what you want to see in others who will come after you.

• What advice would you give to someone who is unsure if Greek Life is right for them? 
    If you never check it out, you will never know what it is really like.  Get to know the members of this Greek
    community.  Stop by a house during rush week.  Talk to someone in letters in a class.  That will be how you find
    out if Greek life is right for you.  Our doors and insights are open anytime.

Dream Job: Lawyer that represents a major corporation.

What he first notices in a girl: The eyes.  They speak louder than words.

Favorite Movie: The Shawshank Redemption

Guilty Pleasure Music: 80’s music (Billy Ocean “Caribbean Queen,” Earth Wind and Fire “Lets Groove,” etc.)

Celebrity He’d Marry: Jennifer Lawrence

Favorite Place to take a girl on a date in Milwaukee: Balistreri’s Italian/American Ristorante.  It is off of 68th St. and Wells Ave.

Favorite Late-Night Snack: Whatever my budget allows.

Favorite 90’s TV program: The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Dream vacation destination: Italy.  I’d try to find the town my grandfather’s family came from and I’d make stops at Bologna and Florence.

Dogs or Cats: Dogs

Fast Food Restaurant: Taco Bell

Athletic Team He’d Like to Join: The Green Bay Packers.  Being a part of the team I partly own and fully support would be awesome.  Gaining
new insight as to how the organization runs would be the ultimate goal.

What he would name his yacht: Bononia Docet

His superpower of choice: Super Speed.

Favorite Disney villain: Scar from “The Lion King”

Is the glass half empty or half full?: It is always full.
Hannah McCarthy is a junior studying Broadcasting and Electronic Communication at Marquette University. She is currently the News Director at Marquette Radio. Hannah calls Cincinnati, OH home. In her free time, Hannah obsesses over Public Radio and hopes to be a news reporter after she graduates.