Campus Cutie – Brian Frenzel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

This week’s cutie is a junior from Cincinnati, Ohio. Brian can be found shooting hoops with his friends or bowling at the Annex in his spare time. HCMU loved chatting with Brian, and you will too! 

What is your Dream Job?

Either a fantasy sports writer or a theoretical physicist.

What is the first thing you notice about a girl?
Her eyes

What is your favorite pick-up line?
I’ve never really used a pick-up line because I’m outgoing enough that I can just introduce myself, but a while ago I found this one: “Do I know you? Cause you look a lot like my next girlfriend” and I’d like to try it out sometime.

Extracurriculars:
I work 20 or so hours per weeks doing quality testing at a steel company. I’m also on an intramural volleyball team. Last year I was an assistant JV coach for Marquette University High School and that was a blast!

Favorite Movie:
Space Jam, by a lot.

Guilty Music Pleasure:
It isn’t infrequenty that I’m jamming out to some Call Me Maybe.

If he could marry one celebrity, he’d chose:
Alex Morgan, US soccer player.

Favorite Color:
Blue

Coke or Pepsi?
Actually I don’t drink either. When I was 3 I asked for some Pepsi and my mom gave me some that was extremely watered down and tasted horrible, so I’ve stayed away from pop.

Favorite Sport:
Basketball is definitely my favorite sport to play (being 6’8” how could it not?), but I really enjoy watching football more.

Favorite place to take a girl on a date in Milwaukee?
Mason Street Grill. Extremely classy, dressy place and I enjoy getting dressed up for a date.

Favorite Late-Night Snack:
Cookies and Milk

What is your favorite 90’s television program?
I always wanted to be on Guts when that was on Nick, however, we had the GAS (Games and Sports for kids) channel when I was in high school and I got pretty into Legends of the Hidden Temple. I even have a blue barracudas shirt.

Dream vacation destination?
There’s a waterpark in the Bahamas called Atlantis. I’ve been there before, but it was the most beautiful, thilling place I’ve ever been and I’d love to go back.

If you could be on one professional athletic team, who would you choose?
I’d play for the Cleveland Cavilers because I’m from Ohio and they’ve never been good, so I’d really like to help them win a championship.

If you could trade lives with anyone for one day, who would you chose?
I’d trade lives with Buzz Williams on a game day just to hear the roar of the crowd as my team took the court. 

Hannah McCarthy is a junior studying Broadcasting and Electronic Communication at Marquette University. She is currently the News Director at Marquette Radio. Hannah calls Cincinnati, OH home. In her free time, Hannah obsesses over Public Radio and hopes to be a news reporter after she graduates.