lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Kinds of Guys You’ll Meet in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.
He gets your number and asks you if you want to grab some food after class. You say yes and end up having a great time. He’s charming and interesting. You start to get excited about the possibilities. Then you hear the worst news any loveswept college girl could hear: he has a girlfriend.
What now?

College boys can be a difficult species to deal with.Throughout your collegiate years, you’ll likely be interested in a guy who fits at least one of the following categories:

1. The Player.

Can’t get through life without falling for one of these charmers, right? Don’t even waste your time on this guy. If he doesn’t worship the ground you walk on, and only yours, don’t give him a second thought. I know, easier said than done.

2. Right Guy, Wrong Time.

This one will be a hard one to get over. Everything was perfect, except the timing. Just remember that, as annoying as it sounds, if something is meant to be, it will be.

3. The Bore.

You have all these ideas of your fairy­tale relationship but once you actually get to know him, he is far from your Prince Charming. It’s disappointing, but if there’s no spark, there’s no point.

4. The Headache.

Here comes the ever­confusing and unanswered question: what exactly are we? The best thing to do in this situation is communicate. Just let him know what’s on your mind. Again, easier said than done, but in the end you’ll be happy to (hopefully) figure it out.

5. The Commitment­phobe.

Those actually terrified of labels. You know he likes you, but he just can’t deal with the reality of a real relationship. Let him figure this one out. Once he realizes how awesome you are, he’ll see how silly he’s being.

6. The Clinger.

Everything is going perfectly fine, until he gets a little too intense. Let him know if you feel uncomfortable with how fast he’s moving. Just remember, it’s best to do it before he’s picking out his groomsmen’s tuxes.

Even if you do encounter guys like these, just remember to keep your standards high. Ignore that smooth operator and don’t think twice about that failed Prince Charming. You’ll find him someday. For now, strut your stuff and never doubt your awesomeness.
Maisie Bentz

Marquette '18

I don't care if I'm a fish, I still want a bicycle.
Prefer to consume my calories in liquid form. Living in the land of beer and cheese. Dreamer. Explorer. Wanderer.