5 Things to do in Milwaukee over thanksgiving break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Not going home for Thanksgiving this year? Maybe you live far from the Midwest in a distant state or maybe you’re an international student. Being stuck in Milwaukee on Thanksgiving break doesn’t have to be lonely. Maybe you have friends to join you on campus, or maybe you don’t. Either way, Milwaukee has lots of fun things to offer you can do on turkey day and after. Here are just a few events happening in the city.

Drumstick Dash

If getting up early on a day off doesn’t bother you, you can run a 5K or half a 5K at Miller Park on Thanksgiving. Plus, the run benefits Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin; every $1 donated provides 3 meals to a person in need in Eastern Wisconsin.

Hairspray

See a Broadway show! This popular show is about a teenager who turns from a social outcast to a TV star who fights for everyone’s rights. Showtimes this weekend are Nov. 21 at 7:30 p.m., Nov 23 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Nov 24 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. and Nov 25 at 2 p.m. at the Broadway Theater Center.

Christmas in Babylon

Get in the Christmas spirit by seeing a comedy play about two ex-fiances trying to find a way to forgive each other around the holidays. Catch this show Nov. 23 at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 24 at 8 p.m., and Nov. 25 at 2 p.m. at the Broadway Theater Center.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

This Musical will also get you in the holiday spirit. Sing along to all the classic songs such as “You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch” and “Welcome Christmas.” This show, performed at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, goes on Nov. 21 at 7:30 p.m., Nov. 23 at 2 and 8 p.m., Nov. 24 at 2, 5 and 8 p.m. and Nov. 25 at 1 and 6:30 p.m.

Bucks Games

If you find yourself missing watching a good game of basketball without the Golden Eagles on campus, look no further than the Milwaukee Bucks games this weekend. The Bucks are taking on the Phoenix Suns at the Fiserv Forum, Nov. 23 at 7:30, and are playing the San Antonio Spurs Nov. 24 at 7:30.

Rachel Kubik

Marquette '19

Journalism and writing-intensive English major from a suburb of Chicago. Avid flute player, artist and Netflix lover.
Emma McDevitt

Marquette '20

Hello, I am Emma McDevitt! I am a Junior at Marquette University and studying Marketing & Advertising.