5 Simple Things that Drastically Changed my Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

“Self-love” has been quite the hype this year. Tons of people have been searching for ways to better themselves mentally and physically. Without further ado, here are 5 minor additions you can make to your life without having to give a ton of effort towards:

1. Change up your water. Try adding fruit or vegetables to your water. Some of my favorites are strawberries, lemon, and cucumber. Not only does this switch up your water, but it’s also great for your immune system!
  2. Meditate. Take some time out of your day and just sit in silence with your thoughts. Whether it’s 5 minutes or an hour, it has become a huge part of my daily routine. I’ve found that if meditate in the morning, I feel more energized throughout the day. If I meditate at night, it makes it easier for me to fall asleep. 
  3. Walk more. Ever since coming to Marquette last year, I have developed a new appreciation for just aimlessly walking. I have made it a habit to leave my dorm about 20 minutes early and just walk around before finally arriving to my class. It helps me be more alert and it’s also very relaxing. 
  4. Make a playlist. If you ever need a break from studying, you can never go wrong with making a new playlist. I have a playlist for literally everything, from a Disney playlist all the way to a French music playlist. 
  5. Reflect. At the end of each week, take roughly an hour to think about things that were successful throughout the week as well as the things that didn’t go as planned. It is important to then tweak little things so that the next week can be better. 
Emma McDevitt

Marquette '20

Hello, I am Emma McDevitt! I am a Junior at Marquette University and studying Marketing & Advertising.