The 5 Most Instagrammable Foods for a Meal Swipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

If there’s two things I love it’s food and Instagram. However, I am a “broke college student” so I do take advantage of my meal plan. While I have definitely figured out which dinning halls to avoid and which ones to eat at more often than I should, food has a certain artistic aesthetic. So, here are the top five most instagrammable foods you can get on a meal swipe- one for each weekday.

1. Omelette from Mashuda

One of the best things about Mashuda, other than ice cream, is the fact that they serve breakfast all day. Who doesn’t love that? Omelettes are another plus because you can essentially customize your meal (adding some color for Instagram), plus you get two sides. Yum.

2. Nutty Monkey from Einstein’s Bagels

So even though NO ONE knows why this gem is on a meal swipe it is. I actually first saw it on SnapChat and immediately grabbed a friend to hit up the AMU. Nutella, bananas and almonds? Yes please.

3. Salad from Straz (or AMU)

Salad is a great way to stay healthy while still on the meal plan. The AMU has tones of great salad options, but Straz is the place to be if you want to create the perfect salad on any given weekday. (Again, lets add some color to the newsfeed).

4. Waffle from Mashuda

Breakfast: the most important meal of the day so here’s another one! President Lovell pulled through and you can now get Marquette Waffles (plus two sides and your own syrup pitcher)! This newest addition to the menu is a great way to fill up and show your school spirit.

5. Cupcake from The Brew

Let’s be honest, we all need a sweet treat now and then and the Brew never fails us. With constant rotations of a range of pastries, there’s always something new to try, plus some standby classics. Depending on which Brew you visit, you have a ton of scenic options to model your cupcake before posting it online.

Aly Prouty

Marquette

East coast girl trying to figure out why Midwesterners are so sweet. Dancing, photography, coffee, daydreaming and Kappa Delta. Currently studying abroad at National University of Ireland at Galway.
Prefer to consume my calories in liquid form. Living in the land of beer and cheese. Dreamer. Explorer. Wanderer.