Winter Wardrobe Must-Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Are you over Poughkeepsie weather? The negative temperatures and random snow flurries make it tempting to throw on a pair of jeans, a sweatshirt and boots and venture off into the tundra. But try a couple of these statement pieces to brighten up your winter blues and your wardrobe!

Coat

A black or green parka is a staple for any Marist girl. But switch up battling the cold with a warm printed pea coat! Bold colors and prints make it fun to pair with other winter accessories!

nordstrom.com/bestseyjohnsonmixedmediatweedpeacoat

nordstrom.com/kristenblakewoolblendcoat

Necklace

Add a pop of color to brighten up your day and the dark colors of winter! Don’t just limit yourself to statement necklaces either. Bold jewelry is the perfect mix of fun and sophistication!

j.crewfactory.com/jewelry/necklaces

j.crew.com/jewelry/bracelets

j.crewfactory.com/jewelry/earrings

Shoes

Swap out your brown riding boots and black booties and upgrade to a pair of flashy booties. Not only will your feet stay warm, but they will make your walk through the endless snow piles a little more fun!

urbanoutfitters.com/booties

freepeople.com/ankleboot

Accessories

Keep warm in cozy winter accessories. Hats and beanies are the perfect way to mix and match and show off your style. Dress up your hands with fun mittens and texting gloves.

homieswinterhat.amazon.com

topshop.com/mittens

urbanoutfitters.com/mittens

Meghan is a sophomore at Marist College majoring in Communications with a double concentration in journalism and advertising and a minor in creative writing. Meghan has been a blogger since high school and loves to free write in her spare time. She enjoys hanging out with friends, playing guitar, exploiting her credit card to online shopping, and wasting time online.