Why We Love Our Moms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

This Sunday, May 11th – whether it be a Hallmark generated holiday or not – is a day to celebrate that special woman in your life. The one who literally gave you life and who has loved you every day since then. At some moments, you don’t understand her – why she didn’t let you get in the car with your boyfriend who had just gotten his license, why you weren’t allowed to go to after-prom in Wildwood, etc. Other times, she drives you crazy with her quirkiness – when she tries to talk to you from four rooms away and then gets frustrated when she can’t hear you, when you get ready in the morning and her response is, “Are you going to put makeup on?” It didn’t take long for me to realize that I really DON’T know everything and that the decisions she makes are because she’s been 18 already and she knows more than I do. I cannot thank my mother enough – for her love, her hugs, her guidance, and unconditional support – because without her, I would not be who I am today. Thank you, Mom, for…

1.    Answering the phone at 3 a.m. when I’m throwing up – even though I’m two hours away and there is nothing you can do for me.

2.    Being there every day when I got off the bus from school (sometimes with cookies).

3.    Having my back, every step of the way.

4.    Loving me always.

5.    Giving me the inspiration to one day be as beautiful as you!

Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful moms out there!