Why I Wouldn’t Survive College Without My Agenda

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

If you don’t have an agenda, this thank you note to my planner will definitely convince you to get you one.

College is obviously a very busy time. You have a different schedule everyday and have to balance class, homework, clubs, and a social life. It can surely get overwhelming, but trust me an agenda will be your lifesaver.

My schedule is different everyday. I have classes at different times, club meetings and dance at night. Keeping everything in order can get pretty hectic. Without my agenda I would most certainly forget something that need to get done. Even if it’s something small like sending an email or printing out an assignment, it goes in my agenda. Having an agenda will make your busy college schedule seem that much easier to handle. You can plan for the week, or even month ahead. 

I write as much as I can in my agenda, mainly because I love to check things off once their done. You don’t know satisfaction until you sit back after a busy week and see all your 15 items checked off. Even if some things are small and not school related this definitely makes me feel like I’m being extra productive during the week.  

Going day by day with homework assignments won’t fly by in college. For the weeks that are extra busy you’ll need to plan ahead and get some things out of the way ahead of time. An agenda gives you the ability to do this. You can look at your week or month as a whole, and be much more efficient in getting things done. Also, if you want to make long term plans you will be able to look ahead and make them.

I guarantee that having an agenda will make you feel more organized and put together throughout your day. Even without a set schedule every day you can keep up with everything you need to get done. You’ll feel 10x more productive and be on top of everything you need to do. It’s one small thing you can add to your daily routine, but it will go such a long way.

So thank you to my trusty agenda for keeping me organized and keeping making college seem (a bit) less stressful. And if you don’t have an agenda I hope I have successfully convinced you to pick one up and give it a try! 

Amanda is a Marist College sophomore majoring in public relations and minoring in business. Other then HerCampus she is involved with PRSSA, dance ensemble, and relay for life at Marist. She also is obsessed with anything peanut butter and of course loves her coffee!