jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What Your Favorite Clothing Brand Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Clothes, clothes, clothes! Who doesn’t adore them? Maybe I sound like a “shopaholic” by declaring this, but when my favorite brand unveils a new line or collection, I’m as giddy as a kid in a candy shop. After all, how you dress has the potential to reveal so much about you. Read on to find out what your very favorite brand says about you!

Free People. If you love Free People, chances are you’d consider yourself a bohemian, hippie, or at the very least, a free spirit, at heart. Most Free People gals daydream about going to Coachella, want to get a tattoo (bonus points if it’s an ankle one!), and check up on their horoscope from time to time (or everyday). Furthermore, most Free People wearers likely don’t like to be boxed into a category, due to their gypsy, free-spirited nature, so a Free People girl can go from boho-chic-girly-girl, to edgy-rocker-bohemian in one jacket change. Rock on!

American Eagle. Oh, American Eagle. Something for everyone, truly. If you’re girly-girl to the max, or edgy, AE has something in store for you. Chances are if you shop AE primarily, you’re the “All-American” girl. There’s something about the brand’s versatility that makes it so appealing to so many people, which is why it is so popular with the masses. Not to mention AE clothes are super comfortable! If you love American Eagle, you probably enjoy staying comfy while still looking cute, and like to switch up your style depending on the day. Win-win!

Forever 21. Forever 21 was always there for you growing up. Back in high school, you got your homecoming dress at Forever 21, and still love to buy many of your going-out shirts there. If you love to shop at Forever 21, you love experimenting with your style (because there are so many options…the store is HUGE!), and are fun-loving, and an accessories connoisseur (the jewelry section. That is all.). Your adventurous style is like no one else’s…keep it up!

Urban Outfitters. Hipster alert! Chances are, if you shop in UO the most, you’re the cool girl that everyone secretly wishes they were. You can probably pull of basically anything, from faux fur, to velvet, to chiffon, which baffles and inspires envy in all of your friends. Nonetheless, UO girls seem to be drawn to things that are zany, different, or out of the box. That’s part of what makes you, you, so flaunt it!

J. Crew. Have you heard the lyric from Taylor Swift’s 1989 that goes, “We never go out of style?” Well, J. Crew girl, that’s you! Composed and classically chic, your outfits are always as polished as you are. Chances are that if you love J. Crew you have a timeless flair, and that’s super-cool. Not to mention no matter what you always look put together…how do you do it? Everyone wants to know your secret for your success!

Madison is a senior journalism student at Marist College with an affinity for all things writing, iced coffee, and Great Gatsby related. She is currently a Lifestyles & Her Future writer for Her Campus.