Six Last-Minute Valentine’s Day Gifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

By Nicolette Muro 

A holiday is nearing, and you have absolutely no idea what to purchase for your family and friends. You kept telling yourself that you would start gathering gift ideas earlier this year, but before you knew it, Valentine’s Day crept up and now it is a week away! If you are beginning to feel defeated from searching to find the perfect present for that special someone, a family member, or your best gal-pal, look no further! Here are six last-minute Valentine’s Day gift ideas that are sure to be a hit and won’t break the bank in the process.

1. Statement Earrings. You can’t go wrong with a cute pair of earrings to style with a sweater, a dress, or a simple crewneck. They come in a variety of colors, shapes and sizes and can usually be found with a matching necklace. Statement earrings are a fun way to customize any outfit, whether fancy or casual. As an added bonus, Target is currently selling these ball-drop earrings for only $10.39! Photo credit: Target. 
  2. Pajama Sets. Who doesn’t enjoy receiving an adorable pajama set as a gift? Pajama sets are every bit as cozy as they are cute, and they are sold by most retailers for both men and women! From patterns to neutrals, there is a pair suited for everyone. This Forever 21 pajama retails for only $22.90! Picture Credit: Forever 21.
  3. Wallets. Wallets are a fun gift to receive, especially if they are personalized! Retailers such as Marley Lilly allow you to add a monogram, which is a cute detail. Wallets are ideal for carrying around your Student ID card, giftcards, or any loose change. This one retails for only $29.99! Photo Credit: Marley Lilly. 
  4. Perfume. Perfume and cologne are two of the first gifts that comes to mind for Valentine’s Day. However, all scents are different and this gift is sure to be a success!  Depending on the brand, perfume can be costly, but if you purchase a travel size or roll-on perfume, it is much cheaper. This Tory Burch Love Relentlessly perfume retails for only $30 at Macy’s. Photo Credit: Sephora. 
  5. S’well Water Bottles. As one of the most popular items to own, S’well water bottles are taking the world by storm. These popular bottles are known for keeping drinks hot or cold for hours on end, although they have become more of a fashion statement now because of all the different prints and colors they come in! Purchase one at Target for only $24.99. Photo Credit: Target.  
  6. Beauty Products. Brands typically release beauty products or hold sales of all types around Valentine’s Day, which makes it the prime time to purchase them! From nail polish to face masks, pampering is the perfect gift to give. This Triple Quench Deep Hydration Face Mask is only $12. Photo Credit: Ulta.