Silver Needle Runway: Marist’s Most Fashionable Spring Event

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Marist College: Get ready for the most fashionable event of spring semester!

On Friday, May 6th, The Marist Fashion Department is putting on its thirtieth year of the Silver Needle Runway Show (SNR).

The show is more than a showcase of fashion design. This event is the real deal- and certainly a unique opportunity for students interested in fashion. According to the SNR Facebook event page,  “The highly-anticipated event showcases the work of student designers and merchandisers alike. The event is attended by more than 2,100 guests and judged by a panel of fashion industry experts.”

A member of the SNR Show Production team, Michelle Savino, reports, “fashion professionals will be traveling near and far to view our designers’ work.” She even adds, “one woman was so enthusiastic about the show, she’s flying in from London, England to support and view the collections.” Whether you’re volunteering or in the audience- this event is a great way to rub elbows with the fashion elite.

In addition to the amazing talent of the designers, the fashion department as a whole comes together to put on an incredible show. “SNR is entirely student run. We have teams of fashion students volunteering and coordinating the show,” Savino noted. “This event shows the hard working nature of fashion students, both in design and merchandising.”

And there’s no doubt the show will rise to expectations; last year, design seniors landed jobs with high profile companies like Giorgio Armani, Calvin Klein, and Christian Dior.

At both 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. on May 7th, the show is anticipated to be sold out. Get your tickets for Silver Needle Runway online at ticketmaster.com.

A limited amount of student tickets will be available for $10 this Tuesday and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Donnelly Fashion Plaza.

You won’t want to miss this event! 

Anna Marotta is a Junior at Marist College where she is studying Marketing. She is extremely right-brained and loves to write, create, and travel. You can find Anna with her ten best friends at Lola's Cafe or stalking dogs on Marist Beach. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram! @annarosemarotta