pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Senior Sendoff: HC Marist Editor-in-Chief Cristina Lupo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Name: Cristina Lupo

Major/Minor: Double Major Business Administration and English Writing

Hometown: Freehold, New Jersey

HC: Congratulations on your graduation Cristina! What are your plans after graduation?

CL: Thank you! In the Fall I am attending NYU to pursue a Master’s of Science in Publishing. I can’t wait to use my background in business and English to build my career in the corporate publishing environment.

HC: Can you tell us how writing for and working as the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Marist has helped you in your career and social goals?

CL: Being EIC of HC Marist has been such an amazing experience. People don’t realize that Campus Correspondents actually run a magazine, and it’s a lot of hard work. Her Campus has opened so many doors for me in terms of internships and editing experience. It is a recognizable brand to employers and having it on my resume has been so helpful for me entering the publishing field.

HC: What do you think you are going to miss most about Marist?

CL: Waking up to the view of the river every day!

HC: What is something you wish you could go back and tell your freshman year self?

CL: That’s a tough one. Maybe that the first people you meet might not be your best friends forever, but everyone you meet will teach you something about yourself. That probably doesn’t make sense but it sounds deep. [Laughs]

HC: What do you wish someone had told you about being a senior in college?

CL: That it is very hard to contract senioritis! Especially if you’re an OCD overachiever like me!

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 or 20 years?

CL: In reality, hopefully working as a literary agent, an editor, or an author in a swanky office surrounded by piles of books. In my dreams, retired at age 30 with a wealthy husband and 20 dogs…I’m a feminist, just a lazy one. [Laughs]

HC: What was your favorite aspect of being a part of Her Campus Marist?

CL: I loved writing articles about topics that I am passionate about in my own voice. Her Campus really doesn’t weigh writers down with a lot of rules in terms of content and writing style. I enjoyed being able to rant about something in the “Notes” section of my phone and then turn that into an article. Her Campus is an outlet for so many college women and it was an amazing mode of expression for me over the past four years.

HC: Do you have a favorite article of yours? If so, which one and why?

CL: “Why It’s Okay to Always Be the Sober Girl,” was my first really popular one and it was the first one to be shared by Her Campus National. I remember Lizzy Pepper (former CC) messaged me to tell me that it had over 1,000 views in its first week. That will always be a special one for me.