This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Anna Marotta: HC President at Marist College

Major/Minor: Business Administration with an Emphasis in Marketing.

Hometown: Albany, New York.

What are your post-graduation plans? 

It may come as a surprise to most, but I will be going to graduate school to pursue elementary education. I realized when it was too late to switch my major that education was what I wanted to do – and I’m elated to begin this new journey.

What will you miss most about Marist?

Being close to my friends. I’ve been so fortunate to meet friends from all over, and the small, fun moments hanging out at our house is what I will miss the most. Although it’s possible to meet up with everyone, nothing beats having your best friends right down the hall/street.

What is the one thing you would tell your freshman-year self?

Take more chances. When I first came to Marist, I was very hesitant to try new things. After I met the right friends, joined clubs and saw the world differently, this came easily. Put yourself out there and you’ll be incredibly grateful!

What advice do you have for the incoming class of 2022?

Don’t rush yourself to find the perfect “everything” right away. It takes time to make meaningful relationships, find your place and feel comfortable. I remember crying to my mom the first day of school that I didn’t have a close set of friends yet. Eventually, I found my best friends in the entire world, and I created a place for myself at Marist. Find empowerment in the unknown and let yourself enjoy the novelty of it all. You’ll find your way, I promise.

What was your favorite part about being President of HC Marist? 

Getting to meet so many incredible people. Being the President of Her Campus allowed me to connect with incredible people and share their stories. I am also so grateful for all of the opportunities that came up along the way!

Where do you see yourself in 10-20 years?

In ten years, I hope to be an elementary school teacher living my best life. In a perfect world, I’d be in Southern California with lots of dogs. Between now and then, I’d also love to see the world, get better at tennis and become a freelance makeup artist.

Looking back, I know Marist was the right choice for me. If I could do it all over again, I would – and I wouldn’t change a single thing.

Jana Brzovski is a junior at Marist College majoring Business Administration with dual concentrations in Finance and International Business and minoring in Economics and is the current President of Her Campus Marist. In her spare time, you can find Jana drinking Laughing Man coffee while Insta-stalking Kate Spade, anything Disney-related, or her favorite fashion brands. You can also find her watching Friends, the Office, Beverly Hills, 90210, or the Bachelor Franchise, eating her weight in food with family, or laughing with her friends.   
Madison is a senior journalism student at Marist College with an affinity for all things writing, iced coffee, and Great Gatsby related. She is currently a Lifestyles & Her Future writer for Her Campus.