Registration Day as Told By New Girl’s Nick Miller

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

1. ​When you have to wake up to register for classes that you already KNOW you can’t get into because they closed days ago. Why wake up super early for registration when you know that all of the classes that you needed for your major were filled by upperclassmen a week ago? Let me just hit snooze on my alarm one more time. Kidding! Kind of… 

2. When you get to Donnelly super early and every single computer is already taken. So apparently everyone had the same idea…and the Donnelly computer lab was definitely NOT prepared for that much foot-traffic. It might not seem like a small space, but pile a bunch of anxious college students in the same room that are panicking over registration and all of a sudden it feels much more claustrophobic. 

3. When it’s *FINALLY* minutes until registration and you’re panicking a little…or a lot. It doesn’t matter what year you are, registration never seems to get less stressful! 

4. It’s here! The clock strikes your registration time and you’ve got to rush to type those CRN numbers in really fast. Just remember, don’t forsake accuracy for speed! If your CRN numbers aren’t typed correctly, there will be an error! 

5. And…your suspicions were right. Overriding it is. Seriously, why doesn’t this school have more sections open?! The world may never know. 

6. But don’t worry, you’ll just have to panic-moonwalk all the way to your professors’ offices to get overrides signed. Once you get those yellow papers signed, you don’t have to worry anymore! Well, that is, until next semester. But don’t think about that right now. What are you waiting for? Good luck! 

Madison is a senior journalism student at Marist College with an affinity for all things writing, iced coffee, and Great Gatsby related. She is currently a Lifestyles & Her Future writer for Her Campus.