Random Things To Do When You’ve Run Out of Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

1) Pick an actor, and watch everything they’ve ever done

This is an idea I’ve had recently, and it’s been a great way to find things to watch.  I’ve discovered so many amazing movies from doing this, and it’s been cool to see how the actors have developed throughout their careers.  So far, I’ve watched every Zac Efron movie, and I’m deep into Jake Gyllenhaal’s repertoire.  Next on the list: Emma Watson.

2) Sing and dance around the house

This is always a good idea.  When you’re feeling overwhelmed, blast your favorite songs and just let yourself lose it.  These are stressful times, and it’s extremely liberating to let loose like this.  It’s also great exercise.

3) Make March Madness style brackets for random things

This is a tip for those who are extremely bored.  I did this with One Direction songs, narrowing down their long list of hits to my final favorite, the classic, What Makes You Beautiful.  Do this with movies, books, songs, and more!

4) Pretend you’re on an episode of chopped

I got this idea from Tik Tok, so you know it’s good.  Write down random ingredients and draw them at random from a hat.  Once you have three ingredients, find ways to incorporate them into a meal!  

5) Okay, so the same thing, but now the Great British Baking Show

Give you and your quarantene buddies baking tasks, and judge the results!

6) Stay Safe!

Lastly, stay safe, healthy, and happy!  We will get through this!

Elizabeth is a senior at Marist College studying Public Relations and Advertising.  Currently serving as the Editor in Chief and CC of the Marist Chapter, she enjoys writing about entertainment, music, lifestyle, and news.