This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

As we’ve made our way into the year 2020, I’ve noticed a similar trend occuring across recent music releases.  The 80s have made a comeback–and I’ve got my rollerblades and neon out and ready to go.

Here are some of the recent 80s influenced songs that I’ve been absolutely loving:

1) Physical, Dua Lipa

Dua Lipa is making music that I can’t help but dance to.  With her neon and pop flare, her recent releases scream 80s nostalgia, with a futuristic twist (hence the name of her album, “Future Nostalgia”).

Concert
Aditya Chinchure via Unspalsh
2) Stupid Love, Lady Gaga

This song is an aboslute dance tune.  Lady Gaga has experimented with many different sounds during her extremely successful career, and “Stupid Love” is an exciting and catchy bop that I’ve become quickly obsessed with. 

people with their hands raised during a concert
Pexels
3) Blinding Lights, The Weeknd

“Blinding Lights” might be my favorite song by The Weeknd.  He has always had an 80s sound, but this song takes things to another level, and I haven’t been able to stop listening. 

Elizabeth is a senior at Marist College studying Public Relations and Advertising.  Currently serving as the Editor in Chief and CC of the Marist Chapter, she enjoys writing about entertainment, music, lifestyle, and news.