Marist Gaelic Society

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Did you know that Marist has a Gaelic Society? The club has been inactive for the past ten years, but this semester Colin McCann and a team of students are bringing Gaelic Society back to campus! The Gaelic society is for anyone interested in Irish and Gaelic food, music, history, and culture; you do not have to be Irish to join.

This past week members of the board hosted Irish Culture Week in preparation for St. Patrick’s Day. Speaking of – if marching in the St. Patty’s Day Parade in New York City has always been on your bucket list, than Gaelic Society is the place for you. There will be an opportunity for Marist College students to march in the famous parade alongside our beloved DJM.

Since Gaelic Society is coming back to life after being inactive for so long we need your help! Come to a meeting, see what it’s all about, maybe learn a thing a two about your heritage or a culture you’ve always been curious about. March is Irish American Heritage Month so what better way to pay homage to your ancestors than stopping by and seeing what Gaelic Society is all about?

If you have any questions about the club reach out to Colin McCann or Erin Taylor, President of Gaelic Society.

Éirinn go Brách!

Paige Moran is a Senior at Marist College with a major in Secondary English Education, concentration in Literature, and minors in Psychology, and Global Studies. When Paige isn't proofreading all of her friend's papers you can find her petting any nearby dogs and puppies, reading, blasting good tunes, or adventuring with her friends and her camera.