Make Emotional Decisions Sometimes, Not Always Logical Ones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Sometimes, you have to make an emotional decision instead of a logical one. What does that mean, precisely? It means that sometimes, you have to trust your gut. You have to follow your heart and ignore the voice in your head that’s telling you that you could make a more “logical” decision and instead throw caution to the wind and do what makes you happy.

The past year and a half at college, I have really missed singing and being part of a choir. I participated in music all four years of high school, and it was a part of me that I really felt lost without. This semester, I joined my school’s choir (despite the fact that I am already tremendously over-committed) and I have felt the difference already.

It is so, so important to make decisions based on emotions rather than logic sometimes. Was it logical for me to add yet another commitment this semester to my already lengthy list of things to do? Maybe not, but it’s made me so happy already. Happiness must be your number one priority. You only are lucky enough to have one life, and it must not be thrown away and consumed by regrets.

Madison is a senior journalism student at Marist College with an affinity for all things writing, iced coffee, and Great Gatsby related. She is currently a Lifestyles & Her Future writer for Her Campus.