This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

By: Michaela Corrigan

Lucifer aired its first 3 seasons on FOX, but now, thank god (no pun intended), it has been transitioned to Netflix due to the fans’ dire need for a continuation. For those of you who aren’t familiar with the show, Lucifer is based off of Neil Gaiman’s comic book characters for DC’s Vertigo Imprint. It is centered around the original fallen angel, Lucifer Morningstar (aka the Devil) who is played by Tom Ellis. He has taken a vacation from hell to Los Angeles, California in order to live a life full of women, alcohol and music. All is fun and games until a murder occurs outside of Lux, the nightclub that Lucifer owns. This is where Lucifer comes in contact with Detective Chloe Decker, played by Lauren German, and the LAPD. Being the devil, Lucifer has the abilities to draw out people’s deepest desires which proves to be a useful skill to solving crimes as he can compel the criminals to confess. Thus, Lucifer begins his journey as a consultant to the LAPD alongside Detective Decker who seems to bring out a different side of the stereotypical devil in Lucifer. This show brings a unique and captivating story to the viewers, and fans of the show could not let the show die after just three seasons. Thanks to the efforts of fans along with the cast and producers through social media and other outlets, Netflix has finally picked up our beloved show. Just last week, it was announced that Season 4 of Lucifer will be released on May 8th. That’s less than a month away! I, along with many other fans, are patiently waiting for May 8th to come around.

Sarah Dorothy Lynch is a junior at Marist College studying Journalism and Public Relations with a passion for writing, travel, and bread (all varieties). If she ever met Emma Stone, she would likely keel over.