Kate Spade’s Most Inspiring (and Fun!) Quotes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

If you’re an aficionado of bright colors, quirky designs, and polka dots, chances are you’ve heard of Kate Spade New York! The American fashion house originated in 1993, when former accessories editor at Mademoiselle Kate Brosnahan Spade wanted to create “the perfect handbag,” and the result of her efforts were six designs that were the beginning of the brand, according to the company’s website. Today, Kate Spade has branched out and has innumerable lines of handbags, wallets, clothing, and more. Yet one of the aspects about the company that makes it so distinctive is its quirky, girly flair, which is perfectly demonstrated through charming quotes that the company has previously used in campaigns or otherwise. Read on to hear the most inspiring (and fun!) quotes Kate Spade New York has to offer!

1. “She has a way with words, red lipstick, and making an entrance.” 

There’s something so chic about this little saying. A lot of times, Kate Spade quotes refer to this “she” that is the Kate Spade girl, essentially, the girl that wears the company’s handbags. One of the best parts of this brand is the fact that you always find bits and pieces of your personality in this hypothetical Kate Spade girl, and that’s part of why the company has had such great success: it’s relatable, and it’s fun.

2. “I adore pretty things and witty words.” 

Let’s bet real: who doesn’t? Kate Spade just gets it. 

3. “She looks for adventure around every corner.” 

This quote is fabulous because it celebrates adventuring and looking for the opportunity to find adventure in the everyday and in mundane places. Loving the optimism!

4. “Eat cake for breakfast.” 

Well, if you insist! This quote is just plain fun.

5. “Think, travel, celebrate, charm, decorate, dress, live colorfully.” 

Basically, this quote is a list of the things that pretty much every girl aspires to do. Emphasis on “live colorfully,” because it’s more exciting to live vividly and take in everything life has to offer than to  simply exist.

6. “In order to lead a fascinating life, one brimming with art, music, intrique, and romance, you must surround yourself with precisely those things.”

Everything. About. This. Quote. YES. It’s a perfect reminder. Make your own destiny. Surround yourself with what you want for yourself…that’s your first step in getting it.

7. “She is quick and curious and playful and strong. She is a voracious reader and a fantastic dancer. She saves old snapshots but always loses her umbrella. Her emails pile up, but she never forgets to call her grandmother. She has $7 in change at the bottom of her handbag.”

This quote is perfectly imperfect. Yes, every girl has her own unique quirks and so-called “flaws,” however, those “flaws” aren’t really imperfections at all..they are what makes you, you. This quote is a prime example of this mentality.

Madison is a senior journalism student at Marist College with an affinity for all things writing, iced coffee, and Great Gatsby related. She is currently a Lifestyles & Her Future writer for Her Campus.