How To Throw The Perfect Friendsgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Are you stressed as the end of the semester creeps upon you– but all your friends still want to have a get together for “Friendsgiving”? Well you’re in luck, because I am here to give you a few ideas to make your Friendsgiving stress free–just filled with good food and your besties!

Making a turkey, stuffing, and the whole nine yards can be a bit intimidating for some, and you will likely have those foods at home, so why not make things simple and leave time to simply surround yourself with your best friends–some of your favorite comfort foods?

Start with some dips: A Friendsgiving dip party, where everyone can bring their fave dip to share: Buffalo Chicken Dip; Spinach and Artichoke Dip; Refried Bean Dip; Bacon Dip; and French Onion Dip, just to name a few. 

Another great idea is garlic cheesy bread.  Buy some artisanal bread from the grocery store, add chopped garlic, olive oil, parsley, and lots of mozzarella cheese! Put this out with some marinara sauce for dipping!

Finally, you can quickly throw together an antipasto platter: simply fill a board with crackers, cheese, and some meats like prosciutto, salami, pepperoni, and soppressata. Add some fresh veggies, olives, and blue cheese dip, and you’re all set! 

If you need more, pigs in a blanket is always a good finger food, so go buy some crescent rolls and mini hot dogs and wrap away.  Serve on a platter with cute bowls filled with mustard and ketchup!

Friendsgiving doesn’t have to be extravagant, especially when things get stressful at this time of the year. Make the gathering hassle free and fun–and enjoy what is important: celebrating your friendships!

Talia is currently a freshman at Marist College.  She has an interest in all things fashion, and she loves to shop. She has a passion for cooking and traveling, and enjoys blogging in her free time.