How to Rock a Denim Jacket

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Denim jackets are so in! From dark wash, to light wash, to stone wash and beyond, there truly is a denim jacket out there for any and everyone! Check out the top three ways to accessorize and style them, so you can stay super trendy this spring season!

1. Make a dress more daytime casual. There’s one sure way to make a more fancy dress casual: pair it with a denim jacket! Not only will you be warm if you’re in an air-conditioned area, but you’ll always look super chic and on-trend! With a dress, essentially any denim wash could look good too. Pair it with cute sandals and you’re ready to go! 

2. Denim on denim! Yes, it is entirely possible to rock denim on denim! What’s the secret? Just make sure that your two denims are slightly different shades, and you are good to go! Wear a dark wash jacket with light wash jeans, or the reverse, and you’re sure to look chic. 

3. Patches! If you’ve collected patches while traveling or plan to, save these patches and then adhere or sew them onto the jacket for a unique, cultured look! Cute!

What’s your favorite way to wear a denim jacket?!