How to Make an Inspiration Board in 3 Easy Steps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

We all have a Pinterest board filled with inspirational quotes that help motivate us to go to the gym, finish our homework, be a better person, or practice self-love. While having this stored away in our phones is great, having a physical inspiration board that we can look at everyday is important for our mental health. Incorporating quotes that inspire and motivate us, photos of places we want to visit, or cute puppies in an aesthetically pleasing manner will help brighten your day. Here are three easy steps for creating an inspiration board.

1. Gather

Print out copies of your favorite quotes, photos of places you want to visit, pictures that make you happy, or anything that you want to include on your inspiration board.

2. Arrange

Dollar Tree, Target, and Michael’s have a great selection of stickers and paper to decorate your inspiration board. Decide if you want to glue all of the elements onto a large piece of paper or use something more temporary like a corkboard or magnet board so you can change out the quotes and images as you like.  Arrange your inspiration board and get crafting!

3. Admire

Choose a space to hang your inspiration board. Do you want it in a private place where only you will see it? Hang it somewhere like the inside of your closet door. Do you want to show off your inspiration board and awesome crafting skills? Hang it on a wall in your bedroom or over your desk to keep you inspired and motivated each day.

After completing your inspiration board take a step back, look at what you’ve accomplished, and prepare to take on the world!

Paige Moran is a Senior at Marist College with a major in Secondary English Education, concentration in Literature, and minors in Psychology, and Global Studies. When Paige isn't proofreading all of her friend's papers you can find her petting any nearby dogs and puppies, reading, blasting good tunes, or adventuring with her friends and her camera.