This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

This winter has been particularly hard on my skin, so I have been researching products that will give me my “glow back.”  I’ll admit it, I will do anything to maintain my glowy skin in winter. The key products that have made it easier for me to maintain my dewy complexion start with a chemical exfoliator.

I use the M-61 Power Glow Peel Pads religiously because they give my skin an incredible glow and shrink my pores overnight. The key ingredients are glycolic and salicylic acid that are known as chemical exfoliators.  I use them 2-3 times a week and have seen a dramatic difference in my skin and makeup application. For my skin, chemical exfoliators work better than physical exfoliators.

The next key component to beating dry winter skin is a great moisturizer or cream. In the winter I HAVE to use a cream, and the only product that works for me is the Perricone Md PreEmpt Oil-Free Hydrating Cream. This is a miracle cream; I use it night and day because it makes my makeup look flawless.

Once you figure out products that work for your skin type, the next step is finding the best primer for your makeup. I use the Tom Ford Complexion Enhancing Primer in 01 Pink Glow because I have fair skin. This primer has a beautiful radiant finish that gives my skin that added glow and keeps my makeup perfect all day. I must say I love the whole Tom Ford cosmetic line, every product is phenomenal and the line is designed to give you a “red carpet finish.” This primer is a must have for glowy skin in the winter!

As far as highlighter goes, it is the only makeup product that will keep a “dewy” skin complexion in the winter. The highlighter I am currently using has changed my life and I will not leave the house without it! The Anastasia Beverly Hills Sugar Glow Kit is so stunning and I cannot get enough! This highlighter keeps my skin looking alive and healthy. However, it is crucial to know the points of your face to apply the highlighter to achieve the ultimate glow.

The last product is a makeup setting spray that has the best name! The Too Faced Hangover Spray is a 3-in-1 makeup setting spray that can be used as a primer, a setting spray, and for touch-ups throughout the day. This spray has hydrating coconut water, probiotic-based ingredients, and skin revivers. It is simply the best for hydrating your skin and the name is so funny! A must have for achieving dewy winter skin!