Wellness

Five Ways To Shake Up Your Starbucks Order

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

There are very few things as near and dear to a person as their go-to Starbucks order. Who doesn’t have a “signature” drink that you order the majority of the time? And while falling into a routine can be tempting (especially when it comes to something as comforting and familiar as a cup of coffee), sometimes you just crave something a little different. If your usual iced latte with caramel is feeling increasingly trite, here are five ways you can shake up your order and try something totally new.

1. Iced Chai Tea Latte (with cinnamon on top!). Full disclosure: the first time that I tasted an iced chai, I thought it tasted like drinking a candle (in other words: not what I was expecting!). Somewhere between giving up traditional caffeinated iced coffee and getting tired of ordering pretty much exclusively iced tea, I fell in love with this drink (no, it no longer reminds me of a candle in liquid form). Fast forward two years, and an iced chai has become my favorite drink to order. If you’re looking for something that has a little kick to it, and isn’t coffee but still has a bit of caffeine, look no further. Here’s a tip: sprinkle some cinnamon on top and swirl for a delicious treat. Yum!

2. Matcha Green Tea Frappuccino. Matcha is an acquired taste. That being said, its health benefits are plentiful, and in frappuccino form…well, it’s simply delicious. The Starbucks version of Matcha has enough sugar that it isn’t totally bitter, but doesn’t cross the line of being too sweet. In other words, totally something to try out if your old typical order needs a bit of a revamp.

3. Coconut Milk Vanilla Latte. Since non-dairy milks are all the rage right now, why not try something a little bit different? Coconut milk vanilla lattes are essentially the same as the normal vanilla latte we all know and love, but with a little more tropical pizzazz. The coconut milk tastes very subtly different, and this drink is most definitely worth giving a try, especially if your stomach can be sensitive to dairy milks.  

4. Iced Green Tea Lemonade. This drink tastes like summer, but there’s no wrong time to give one a try. Green tea and lemonade is a little bit sour, a little bit sweet and a whole lot of good. If you’re craving something that isn’t as heavy as coffee, but feel the need for a little bit of energy, give this delicious drink a go.

Switch drink orders with a friend. Do you usually go for coffee with a friend on your way to class? Swap favorite drink orders! You’ll learn a little more about your pal and, worst case scenario, you simply swap drinks back.

Source: Creative Commons

Madison is a senior journalism student at Marist College with an affinity for all things writing, iced coffee, and Great Gatsby related. She is currently a Lifestyles & Her Future writer for Her Campus.