Five Reminders You Didn’t Know You Needed to Hear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Maintaining good grades, extracurricular involvement, and a social life can prove to be difficult and taxing, huh? Well, here are five little reminders that get swept under the carpet everyday (but really shouldn’t!) when all of that other stuff takes center stage. 

1. “It just so happens that anything can happen.” Now THIS is an idea that doesn’t get nearly as much air time as it deserves, but is the truth: anything can happen, no matter how unlikely it initially might seem. Sometimes it seems like nothing out of the ordinary can or ever will happen, but nothing could be further from the truth. Stop acting like life is always predictable, because it isn’t. It can be mind-boggling how fast it takes for something wonderful to happen right in front of your eyes. 

2. “Eyes on the prize!” That being said, keep your eyes on the prize! If you know what you want from this semester (or this school year), keep your eyes on the prize and do whatever you have to do to make sure you achieve it; even if that means sacrificing sleep some nights to study for a difficult exam, or taking extra hours at your job to have money for studying abroad! Keep your eyes on the prize and your mind focused; it will pay off. 

3. “Better than ‘oops’ than a ‘what if?'” So, would you rather live your life with regrets wondering how things could have turned out if only you’d been a little more brave? Or would you rather live your life knowing that you’ve done everything you could and your life is a product of your conscious decisions? The choice is yours. 

4. “Stop living like you get to live twice.” Now this is a somewhat startling truth. Stop living like you get to live twice, because you don’t. Stop putting your happiness on the back-burner and treating yourself like your last priority. You’re all you’ve got, and this life is the only one you have. Treat it as such by doing at least one thing everyday to center yourself. Life is good! 

5. “May all of your vibes say: ‘I got this!'” Believe in yourself because if you don’t, no one else will. As long as you work hard, prepare, prepare, prepare, and dedicate yourself to whatever it is you are working for, your vibes should say, “I got this.” Truth is, you do. 

*All images found on Pinterest.* 

Madison is a senior journalism student at Marist College with an affinity for all things writing, iced coffee, and Great Gatsby related. She is currently a Lifestyles & Her Future writer for Her Campus.