Farewell From Your HC Marist Campus Coordinators

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

To the Marist community and our loyal following,

A message from Lizzy Peper and Anna Carbone, Her Campus Marist Correspondents:

Lizzy- “I can still remember when I found out that a chapter of Her Campus was started during my sophomore year, so it’s hard to believe that it is already time for me to close the chapter on my time as a co-campus correspondent. This year has been filled with awesome articles, events and other opportunities, but more importantly, Her Campus has given me the chance to interact with so many wonderful people. I have loved collaborating with our team of talented writers, representatives from Her Campus and my lovely co-campus correspondent, Anna. We had no idea what we had gotten ourselves into when we first applied to be co-correspondents but I am so glad that we did. Anna, thank you for putting up with my multiple texts per day and continuously sharing Her Campus’s mission.

Her Campus at Marist, it has been a great year and I am so proud of all of the articles we have published, events we have hosted and money we have fundraised for worthy causes. I am particularly proud of us for starting our Instagram account, reaching over 500 likes on our Facebook page, publishing articles with more than 4,000 views and achieving a gold chapter level in the fall. However, I know these accolades are only stepping stones for what Her Campus at Marist can do. I can’t wait to see what the leadership team accomplishes next year! Best of luck and much love.”

Anna- Her Campus Marist is filled with so many bright, energetic, talented people who drive the organization with their passion. Each of you are so special in the way you dedicate yourselves to bettering your craft and your community. Thank you all for sharing your time and your gifts. As a team, we have been able to give voice to the ideas that are truly worth spreading and have helped causes that deserve all the time and attention we are able to provide. Writers: whatever it is that excites you, continue to use it as fuel to spread creativity and positive messages throughout the Marist College campus. Lizzy, this has been such a wonderful adventure and I’m so grateful to have shared the journey with you! 

Anna is a senior at Marist College where she majors in Public Relations and minors in Theatre. On campus, Anna is a tour guide and student Ambassador . She performs with the Marist College Dance Ensemble, Marist College Club of Theatre Arts, and Ulster Ballet Company. In-between sips of coffee and spoonfuls of Nutella you can usually find her scrolling through her iPod (which is loaded with country music, Italian rap, and musical theatre show tunes), watching How I Met Your Mother or The Office, laughing at her own jokes (which are known to always be punny, but never be funny), volunteering, or making plans to travel the world. Avid writer, reader, lister, and communicator.