Fall Activities You Can Do with Your Roommates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Are you having trouble finding things to do with your roommates this fall? Here are 9 different activities you can do:

1. Go apple picking

Apple picking is a great thing to do with roommates because it helps with bonding and is also another cute photo spot. If you are looking for one in Poughkeepsie, NY, it’s called Dubois Orchid.  

2. Go on a Starbucks run and try their fall seasonal drinks.

3. Do a Halloween movie marathon

4. Baking pumpkin spice cookies or any fall-related food

Fall is everyone’s favorite baking season. There are so many options to choose from. You can make apple pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, Pillsbury Halloween cookies, and pumpkin spice cookies. Here is my favorite recipe for making them. https://www.twosisterscrafting.com/pumpkin-spice-cookies/ .  Even though they don’t call for sprinkles I still put them on top for a fun garnish. If you do not like cream cheese, before you bake them you can put the cinnamon on the raw dough before you put them in the oven.

5. Go pumpkin picking

Nothing screams fall like pumpkin picking, well besides Pumpkin Spice Lattes. This is a fun activity to do with your roommates because you can take cute and artsy picture to share with all of your other friends. If you are looking for one in Poughkeepsie NY its called Dubois Orchid.  

6. Go on a hayride

7. Eat apple cider donuts and drink apple cider

8. Carve pumpkins

Once you and your housemates have been to the pumpkin patch, it is time to carve the pumpkins. If you need some inspiration, just go look on Google and your options will be endless.

9. Bake pumpkin seeds

After you have carved your pumpkins, don’t throughout the seeds. Make them into a tasty treat. Click the link to find out how to make the perfect baked pumpkin seeds. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/13768/roasted-pumpkin-seeds/

Sarah Dorothy Lynch is a junior at Marist College studying Journalism and Public Relations with a passion for writing, travel, and bread (all varieties). If she ever met Emma Stone, she would likely keel over.