Cody Simpson is Back, and it’s Time for us Take a Trip Down Memory Lane

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Cody Simpson had my heart in 2010, but after releasing hit after hit, he randomly seemed to disappear from my radar.  While he has released a few albums throughout the years, nothing really seemed to stick to public ears since his single “Pretty Brown Eyes” in 2013.  

After years of living a Cody Simpson-less life, he has started to spring up on my phone screen due to the commotion surrounding his budding romance with Miley Cyrus.  To share this recently formed love, he released “Golden Thing.”  This song reminded me of my love for the Aussie singer–the one that got away. 

I decided to spend the day going down memory lane, and bopped along to his many past hits.  I’d like to take you on this trip with me, so here are the 5 Cody Simpsons songs that essentially defined my awkward middle school years.  

1) All Day

“You’re like my favorite song on the radio, radio, radio, radio.  I could listen to you all day.  You’re like a music video, video vi-vi-video. I could look at you all day.”

2) Pretty Brown Eyes

“Hey there pretty brown eyes.  Whatcha doing later tonight?  Would you mind if I spent a minute with you?”

3) La Da Dee

“La da dee, la da dee doo.  There’s only me, there’s only you.”

Song writing at its finest.

4) Don’t Cry Your Heart Out

“Cause I’m the one who’s here for you, NO DOUBT.  So don’t you cry your heart out.”

5) iYiYi

“Every minute, every second, every hour of the day, iyiyi, every hour of the day, iyiyi, every time that I’m away, iyiyi, missing you, missing you.”

Absolute masterpieces. 

Elizabeth is a senior at Marist College studying Public Relations and Advertising.  Currently serving as the Editor in Chief and CC of the Marist Chapter, she enjoys writing about entertainment, music, lifestyle, and news.