Campus Cutie: Thomas Dill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Name: Thomas Dill

Major: Criminal Justice

Year: Senior

Hometown: Lincroft, NJ

HC: So you’re a criminal justice major. What made you want to be a cop?

TD: Ever since I was little, I always wanted to be a police officer but after doing a few internships – especially the Ride-Along Programs – I really got to see firsthand what it was like to be out on the streets and just helping people. But I also want to be a K9 Officer. I’ve grown up with my family’s store – which is a pet supply store – so I’ve just always loved animals and want to have a dog that can be my partner one day.

HC: You had a really cool summer internship in Belmar, NJ. How hands-on was it?

TD: My summer internship was actually a Special Law Enforcement Officer job. I worked hands-on with the police department – I was actually hired by them – so I got to detain a few people, I got into a physical altercation with a subject, I got to write a bunch of tickets that included alcohol ordinances as well as noise ordinances so it was very hands-on.

HC: You studied abroad last fall in Florence, Italy. What was the highlight of your experience?

TD: The highlight of studying abroad was obviously being able to travel around the world but I think it took me out of my comfort zone and definitely showed me what the world has to offer. I want to live in the United States but it is broadened my horizons and I definitely want to keep traveling as much as I can.

HC: What’s the biggest thing on your bucket list?

TD: Compete on the show Ninja Warrior or Wipeout.

HC: What’s your post-graduation dream life?

TD: My post-grad dream life would be to live in a nice area, have a full-time job, be able to travel, and probably have a few very nice cars.

HC: If you could do one thing on campus without security batting an eye, what would it be?

TD: If I could do one thing, it would probably be to have a go-kart race around campus.

HC: Important: do you have a cheesy pickup line?

TD: It would be, “Do you know how much a polar bear weighs? Enough to break the ice. Hi, I’m Tom Dill.”

HC: A cutie already said that this semester. You’re so boring.

TD: Okay, my other one would be to pull out my phone, already have it on the enter new contact screen and hand it to them and ask them if they could fill out a quick survey.

Nicole Knoebel was the President and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Marist and is a former National Contributing Writer for Her Campus. She attended Marist College and majored in English (Writing) and minored in Journalism. Nicole has been an editorial intern at Marie Claire, Us Weekly, Seventeen and ELLE and spent a semester living in New York City to test out the Carrie Bradshaw life (minus the Manolos). You can follow her on Twitter at @nicoleknoebel!