Campus Cutie: Chris Traversa

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Year: Junior

Major: Mathematics

From: Long Island, New York

HC: Why did you choose Marist?

CT: When I went on the campus tour for the first time, I was sold.  It’s crazy to think that I am already going to be a senior.  The nightlife at Marist is good, too. After studying at the library, I can always find a good distraction with the beautiful scenery and the Hudson River right there.  It’s a great time.

HC: How has studying abroad in Florence been so far?

CT: It has been moving fast. Too fast, too furious to be honest. Florence has been good, but it’s really been moving from place to place. Traveling to different countries and cities. There hasn’t been that much studying, but the traveling has been incredible.

HC: What is your favorite spot in Florence?

CT: Pino’s Sandwiches. Without a doubt. It’s a family owned business that makes you feel at home. He makes the BEST food. Because of him I ate spinach, artichokes, eggplant, and sundried tomatoes for the first time. I am usually a picky eater, but after Italy not anymore!

HC: What are you going to miss the most about Florence?

CT: Probably not having to worry about what you’re doing in the future. The only thing you worry about is where you’re traveling to next. Florence is laid back, but a fast paced city at the same time. People are never in a rush and always ready for a good time. Good drinks, good people, good times.

HC: Favorite TV show right now?

CT: “Game of Thrones.” Multiple points of view, multiple settings, multiple characters; it’s got the works. Even with the books out right now, I still have no idea what’s going to happen.

HC: What is your all time favorite movie?

CT:  “Inception.” It’s so complex because no matter how many times I watch it, I still pick up on something new. Dreams are a fascinating thing on their own, too.

HC: What’s your idea of the perfect first date?

CT: My first date would be somewhere I feel more comfortable at so we both have a good time. Maybe a concert or some big event where the energy and the focus isn’t solely on just two people.

HC: Who is your celeb crush?

CT: Emma Watson. First, of all she’s British and very beautiful. She has a good attitude on life. As an actress, she is very talented. She sticks to her craft.

HC: What are you most excited about going back home for the summer?

CT: Mainly, my family and friends. The lifestyle in America is considered to be the best. But Italy is on another level. If I could bring my family and friends to Italy, I would. I am excited though to go home to see my family and friends that I haven’t seen in awhile and tell them all my stories from my travels. 

Photo credit: Cat Vaccaro

Cathryn Vaccaro is a senior at Marist College. She is a Journalism and Advertising major and a Business minor. Her passions in life are writing, traveling, and volunteering. She loves volunteering at Marist in the Poughkeepsie community. But one of her all time favorite places to volunteer is in Haiti. Cathryn will be returning to Haiti this May for her second time, and could not be more excited. She just spent an amazing semester abroad in Florence, Italy in the Spring of 2014. Cathryn can not wait to travel the world again. In her spare time she loves going to the beach, spending time with family and friends, and cuddling with her three dogs back at home in New Jersey!