Campus Celeb: Mackenzie Boscoe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Name: Mackenzie Boscoe

Major: Math/Adolescent Education

Hometown: Braintree, MA

Celeb status: President of Marist Women’s Rugby

HC: How did you get involved in rugby at Marist? Were you an athlete in high school?

MB: I was. I wrestled and played field hockey and lacrosse in high school. So I enjoy contact sports.

HC: How did you come to be president of Marist Women’s Rugby?

MB: The previous officers decide who is going to be it. The officers nominate and then the rest of the team votes.

HC: You’re graduating this spring after three years at Marist. How did you manage that?

MB: Lots of AP tests.

HC: What would you say is the key to balancing school with so many responsibilities?

MB: Just spacing out a lot of time for each thing. Making a specific time for taking care of everything and having time to study.

HC: What’s your ultimate Marist or rugby memory?

MB: I’d say last year when we beat UAlbany in our fall semester game. We thought it would be a tough game but we shut them out so it was pretty exciting.

Marist Women’s Rugby is hosting its first playoff game on October 19th. Come out and support your Red Foxes!

Nicole Knoebel was the President and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Marist and is a former National Contributing Writer for Her Campus. She attended Marist College and majored in English (Writing) and minored in Journalism. Nicole has been an editorial intern at Marie Claire, Us Weekly, Seventeen and ELLE and spent a semester living in New York City to test out the Carrie Bradshaw life (minus the Manolos). You can follow her on Twitter at @nicoleknoebel!