andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Celeb: Katie Kilgallen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

The Marist campus has been oddly quiet this semester…wondering why? Katie Kilgallen isn’t here! You know Katie; she’s been your orientation leader, RA, president, or even just a classmate. She’s the queen of selfies with DJM and Beyoncé’s #1 fan. You know you miss her (or maybe it’s just me). 

This semester, Katie has swapped out Po-town for Flo-town and has been living the life! Between classes, weekend trips around Europe, and eating way too much pizza, Katie took the time out of her four-month vacation to answer a few questions.

(Portugal)

HC: What’s the best part about being abroad?

KK: The best part of being abroad is EVERYTHING…but my favorite thing is getting to try food from every different country and traveling every weekend with my group of friends.

(Wine tour in Tuscany)

HC: Where are some of the countries/cities you have travel to so far?

KK: Pompeii, Capri, Rome, Venice, Brussels, London, Dublin, Barcelona, Paris, Munich, Portugal, Madrid, Amalfi Coast, we’ve been almost everywhere.

(Under the Eiffel Tower)

HC: Out of all those places, where was your favorite place to travel so far this semester?

KK: Definitely the Amalfi Coast in Italy

(Amalfi Coast)

HC: What do you miss most about Marist?

KK: I miss so many things about being on the Marist campus. Mostly Rossi’s and Marist beach and of course cupcake Tuesday!!!!

HC: Where is your favorite place in Florence?

KK: The Ponte Santa Trinita, which is the bridge that looks out over the Arno River and has the prettiest view of the Ponte Vecchio…. I love to climb out over the edge onto the big triangle platform that holds the bridge up and eat Gusta pizza with my friends!

(Photo taken from Ponte Santa Trinita over looking Ponte Vecchio)

HC: Even though you’re living among some delicious foods what American foods do you miss the most?

KK: I MISS PORKROLL EGG AND CHEESE SO MUCH I WOULD DO SOME ILLEGAL THINGS FOR A PORKROLL EGG AND CHEESE RIGHT NOW.

HC: Are you excited to come home?

KK: Yes and no. I can’t wait to see my family, especially my dog! I’ve had such an amazing experience here and I don’t want to leave the gelato. BUT I get to come home to porkroll.

You can see all of Katie’s European adventures on her instagram @katieeecat

Safe travels, Katie!

just another cheesecake enthusiast.