Campus Celeb: Cory Ward – Football Team Multimedia Manager

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

My boyfriend, Cory Ward, is the newest Multimedia Manager for the Marist College Football Team and I am going to find out a little more about what this job entails (since, you know, I’m just used to him taking pictures of me and nothing else).

HC: “What sparked your interest in becoming the football media manager?”

CW: “ I love sports and creating videos that affect people’s emotions to get them excited.”

HC: “What does your job entail?”

CW: “My job entails going to practices and filming everything on my own, then creating a video and a photo library of what I captured every week.

HC: “Do you like photography or videography better?”

CW: “Videography is my passion over photography.”

HC: “What is a typical morning football practice like for you?”

CW: “A typical practice requires me to be at practice at 8 a.m., then I film different positional drills and the main drills that then get included in that week’s video.”

HC: “Do you enjoy being on the field during the games?”

CW: “ I love being on the field with the guys during the games because their emotion is contagious and it gives me footage as well as motivation and ideas for the next week’s video.”

HC: “Where do you get your inspiration from for your weekly videos?”

CW: “My inspiration mostly comes from my creativity and other videos I see in daily life.”

HC: “Do you plan on having a career in the sports industry? If not, what do you plan to have a career in/what’s your dream job?”

CW: “I plan to have a career in the fashion industry. I am hoping to eventually be a part of a company and I will take on the position to direct and compose commercials for that company.”