This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

The 2019 Oscars happened last weekend with so many celebrities wearing a wide variety of different outfits. There were many different dresses ranging from very different styles, from Regina King in a simple white gown with a thigh-high slit to Kacey Musgraves in a pink tulle gown with a tiered skirt. Although everyone looked absolutely beautiful, best dressed was definitely Lady Gaga. Being nominated for her movie, A Star Is Born, Gaga looked stunning in her black gown with the small details added making a simple black dress much more intriguing. The black gloves and the statement necklace really helped to enhance the dress, and some even said the ensemble gave off Audrey Hepburn vibes.

Source: Mashable

The men also had a great night in fashion, from Chris Evans in a blue velvet jacket to Jason Momoa, matching his wife, in a light pink velvet suit. The best dressed however, was Rami Malek. Winning an Oscar for Best Actor for Bohemian Rhapsody, Malek wore a simple, classic suit and bowtie. His suit was made by Saint Laurent and he matched with his girlfriend, Lucy Boynton, perfectly. Although, it did not seem like a lot, sometimes simple is best. Overall, the Oscars 2019 had some great fashion and everyone looked amazing.

Source: US Weekly

Jane

Marist '22