9 Strangest Tweets About Stranger Things

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

If you haven’t heard about it yet, then you’re most definitely living under a rock. It’s Stranger Things. And apparently it’s the most amazing thing since sliced bread. Do I sound a bit weary? It’s because my perception of all things Stranger Things is all things strange. People are saying some seriously weird stuff about this show. And I mean seriously weird.

I’m obviously intrigued by all of the hype and will probably watch it at some point. The second season is on its way and you know I’m always striving towards a gold medal in Netflixing, but Stranger Things fans are really throwing me off. They’re taking over the internet one tweet at a time. And as somebody who hasn’t seen the show yet, I find myself slipping faster and faster into a pit of confusion. I still can’t tell if the strangeness of it all is making me really want to watch the show or really stay away from it. So in an effort to learn more about it all, I’ve taken to the glorious world wide web for some further info. Here’s what I’ve learned so far about Stranger Things from some of the strangest tweets on the internet:

1. The show has a lot to do with waffles.

“Stranger Things” is great. Like starting your morning with delicious @eggo brand waffles. pic.twitter.com/H3TfDlfwPT

— Kyle (@WormwoodMD) July 26, 2016

2. Something is going on with Barb.

3. It’s definitely not for the faint-hearted. 

4. Two Things: Eleven is a character and not just a number. Second, we should all be afriad of children with bad haircuts. 

5. Fashion is a major part of the plot. 

6. It stars a lot of actors I’ve never heard of before…and Donald Trump. 

7. Sorry, I take that back! Donald Trump and Spongebob! Talk about a dream team! 

8. I can’t even guess at this one. 

9. Actually, if I’m being honest. I still have no idea what this show is actually about. 

I'm a an English major, journalism and creative writing minor, puppy enthusiast, smoothie lover, from San Antonio, Texas. I am a junior at Marist College and an avid user of the panda face emoji.