8 Poughkeepsie Meals You Need After a Night Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Waking up after a long night out at the Marist bars can be an arduous battle. Your body is telling you to lie in bed all day and watch Netflix, but you need to get up at some point to write that paper due on Monday. Everyone knows that there is only one remedy that can relieve the body (predominantly your headache) and start your day properly. A satisfying meal is the single cure to the likely rough few hours ahead. Take a look at some of Poughkeepsie’s best “morning after” meals.

1. Chipotle Turkey Panini w/ a side of Peanut Noodles from Lola’s Cafe

You can order pretty much any of the salad/sandwich/wrap options that Lola’s offers and I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Also try: The Short Rib Grilled Cheese.

2. Bacon Egg and Cheese from Jelly Belly Deli

Don’t let the dismal exterior of this deli fool you. Jelly Belly makes a mean bacon egg and cheese that is certain to cure your worst hangover. The best part is that the sandwich is a bargain that only costs $1.85.

3. The Big Bird from K&D Deli

K&D is doing everything right with this signature sandwich and the cute old man at the register will cheer up any morning.

4. Appetizers and drinks from Shadow’s Happy Hour

Thursday night River Station can leave you hurting in bed all day Friday, but it’s nothing that can’t be fixed with buffalo calamari and a margarita. Enjoy Shadow’s happy hour appetizer and drink specials Monday-Friday 4 – 7 p.m.

5. Red Fox Mac n’ Cheese Balls from Palace Diner

House made four-cheese mac and cheese rolled into a ball and breaded, deep-fried and served with a tomato cream sauce. Need I say more?

6. Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes from Eveready Diner

If Guy Fieri did a feature of this restaurant on his TV show, Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, you know it has to be great.  

7. A Panini (or anything) from Rossi’s Deli

There truly isn’t anything that a Rossi’s Panini cannot cure. Feeling cranky from a hard day of classes? Way too hung-over to function? These are all things that are easily treated by a focaccia panini from Rossi’s. Also look out for their daily specials!

8. The leftover pizza you ordered from P-Ridge the night before

Whether you ordered chicken bacon ranch, buffalo chicken, or kept it classic with a plain pie, don’t feel ashamed to continue the (slightly horrifying) eating episode that occurred a few hours earlier at 3 a.m.  Chances are the pizza box is still sitting in your living room and chances are you’ve contemplated eating it more than once. Just grab the slice – your hangover will thank you after. 

Photo Credit: Andrea Martin