This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Finals week is almost upon us, and with that comes days filled with seemingly endless exams, papers and meetings, and a significant lack of time for sleep and relaxation. 

If you need some tips for how to break up the study time, ideas for what to do during your minimal hours of free time, and some inspiration for how to enjoy the beginnings of the holiday season, look no further than the list below.

1. Sit by the fire in Hancock

When the weather outside is miserable and freezing, one of the only places you want to be is in front of a roaring fire. But when at Marist, your living room at home isn’t an option. Thankfully, Hancock’s lounge is a close second.

2. Grab a latte from Starbucks

Pumpkin Spice Lattes are perfect for fall, but in the winter, any latte goes. Grab any of the holiday flavors like Peppermint Mocha and Caramel Brulee, or even a classic like vanilla or mocha, to get you through the finals week stretch. 

3. Go see “Last Christmas”

There’s no better way to relieve some stress than a good rom-com. When you want something more than the traditional cheesy Hallmark movie, Last Christmas might do the trick. It’s just cheesy enough, and has a surprise twist at the end. 

4. Make a master Holiday playlist 

The Jonas Brothers’ new Christmas song, anyone? Absolutely yes. Put together a playlist of everything from Michael Buble’s entire album to Justin Bieber’s Mistletoe and play it every day for the next month.

5. Give yourself study breaks

Nobody can make it through endless hours of studying without a break. It’s just impossible. So make sure to build in some break time during your study sessions, which ideally include listening to your Holiday playlist and drinking hot chocolate. 

6. Watch the worst (i.e. best) Netflix movie you can find

See #3. 

7.  Stare at the Marist Tree for a while

Some say that the Rockefeller Tree is the best Christmas tree around. But the Marist tree gives it a run for its money. When it’s not too cold outside, take a second or two to stand there and admire its beauty.

Makena is the Decor Section Editor, and former Style Section Editor and Editorial Intern at Her Campus. She is a senior at Marist College majoring in Communication with a concentration in Journalism and a minor in Graphic Design. One day she hopes to put her writing skills to work at a magazine or women's publication.  Follow her on Instagram @makenagera and Twitter @makena_gera.
Sarah Dorothy Lynch is a junior at Marist College studying Journalism and Public Relations with a passion for writing, travel, and bread (all varieties). If she ever met Emma Stone, she would likely keel over.