ferdinand stohr NFs6dRTBgaM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ferdinand stohr NFs6dRTBgaM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Reasons Why Vacationing in Costa Rica is a Must

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Over this past summer, I had the opportunity to visit one of the most beautiful, enjoyable, and unique places in the world: Costa Rica. This country is not named the “rich coast” for no reason. There are countless activities offered (such as surfing, hiking, ziplining, and waterfall rappelling) and a wide range of plant and animal species that contribute to Costa Rica’s richness. Although it may take longer to travel to Costa Rica from the east coast than the west coast, I still encourage visiting this country. Here are my reasons why:

1. There are waterfalls and swimming holes found in pockets of the jungle that are fun to swim in.

2. Not too far from the dense jungle, you may find beaches that offer some of the nicest waves in the world.

3. It is likely that you will come across exotic animals while in Costa Rica, including Toucans and monkeys.

4. The natives are welcoming and inspiring people who remind you to appreciate the simple things in life.

5. Costa Rica is vastly different than America, which exposes us to a different side of the world and provides us with new perspectives. 

Ellie O'Hara

Marist '21

Ellie O'Hara is the Senior Editor for Her Campus Marist :) She is a sophomore majoring in Journalism with a minor in Business. She loves everything outdoors from hiking, to running, to swimming, etc. She has a passion for writing and dreams of working for a magazine company similar to National Geographic. Traveling to unique areas of the world to write and take pictures would make all of her dreams come true.
Sarah Dorothy Lynch is a junior at Marist College studying Journalism and Public Relations with a passion for writing, travel, and bread (all varieties). If she ever met Emma Stone, she would likely keel over.